To migrate your emails and mailboxes to Wpworld, you can use our in-house Email Migrations tool. This will let you migrate your IMAP mailboxes, your Gmail mailboxes and your Outlook mailboxes into Wpworld.
To do this:
- Login to panel.wpworld.io
- Select which package you want to migrate emails in to via Manage Hosting.
- Select the Email Migrations tool that is within the emails section.
- Enter the relevant credentials and then select Sync.
- Hostname – This will be the hostname of the mailserver that you are syncing your emails from. If you’re not sure what this is then it may be worth asking your previous hosting provider what this is.
- Username – This will be the mailbox that you are syncing.
- Password – This will be the password of the mailbox at your previous host and of the newly created mailbox at Wpworld. Please note: you’ll need to have set up the mailboxes within Wpworld first using the same password as currently used by the mailbox.
- If the sync fails to start, this is likely due to the credentials not being correct. You should confirm that the password you have used is correct and that the hostname is also correct before requesting support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the email migration tool more than once for the same mailbox?
Yes, you can use it as many times as you want. You may want to do this if you’ve recently switched MX records so mail now routes to Wpworld, to get the latest copy of the mail from the previous mail server you can simply redo a mailbox migration. This will then only migrate emails that are new, so you won’t have any duplicate emails.
Does the email migration tool move or copy emails across?
The email migration tool copies the emails and folders across to Wpworld, so no emails are “removed” from your old mailserver/mailboxes.
Can I only perform one mailbox migration at a time?
Yes, you can only perform one mailbox migration at a time per package.
Where can I find my hostname?
Your previous host will be able to tell you your hostname. It is worth trying mail.yourDomain.co.uk as that is a common hostname that is used.